Easy Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are all-time favorite holiday treats combining sugar cookie dough, chocolate fudge and candy cane handles. They’re so festive and perfect for holiday parties and DIY gifts!
Look no further than these hot chocolate cookie cups when you need a fun Christmas cookie recipe. They’re easier to make than you’d think and always a hit! Yes, they require some effort to make but it’s always worth it.
You’ll need is a mini-muffin pan, some refrigerated cookie dough and a few simple ingredients to make them. The recipe makes 24 cups, so enough for a party.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
The first step is baking the sugar cookies. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease thoroughly with oil. Then pinch of tablespoon-size pieces of cookie dough and press into each cup.
They’ll take about 15 minutes at 350°F, but always check the package directions as there can be some variation across products.
The next step is to create space in each cookie to make room for the chocolate fudge. While the cookies are still warm, use the back of a melon baller to create a 1-inch divot in the middle of each cookie. (If you don’t have a melon baller, you can also use your thumb.)
Now make the fudge filling by microwaving chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each time until smooth.
Remove the cookie cups to a wire rack. Then pipe or spoon the filling into each cup to form a heaping mound.
The final step is attaching the candy cane handles. Mini candy canes work best here, and you’ll want to break off the long ends so you have only the curved portions. Melt white chocolate in the microwave in intervals until smooth. Dip the candy cane ends in the chocolate and press onto the cookies to attach.
Time-permitting, chill the cookie cups for several hours to let the white chocolate harden to bond the handles to the cookies.
Optional: press a few marshmallow bits (or halved mini-marshmallows) onto the top of each cup to complete the hot chocolate look.
Recipe Video – Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups:
More Christmas cookies:
View all holiday recipes
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- 33 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough, We used Pillsbury (2x16.5 oz packages)
- 2 tbsp holiday sprinkles, optional
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted
- 24 mini candy canes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- marshmallow bits, or halved mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cookie dough and optional sprinkles. Mix with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway with cookie dough. Then bake for 15 minutes until light brown.
- Remove from oven and use the back of a melon baller or your thumb to create divots in middle of each cup.
- Cool several minutes and remove cups to a cooking rack. Clip mini candy canes, dip ends in white chocolate and attach to cups.
Chocolate Fudge Filling
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, add chocolate chips and condensed milk. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted, mixing in between.
- Transfer filling to a pastry or ziplock bag. Pipe pipe into each cookie cup (alternatively spoon it in).
- Top with marshmallows and serve.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Note: Adapted from Butter with a Side of Bread
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.