Easy Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops with juicy and tender pork chops smothered in rich and creamy mushroom soup! This comforting Mushroom Pork Chops dish makes an easy dinner recipe for busy nights with only one pan and 30 minutes!
Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops are so simple to make. Serve it with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes and vegetables and you’ve got a complete meal that your entire family will love.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM OF MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
These Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops are simply cooked in a skillet and you don’t need to heat up your oven. Just sear the pork chops and mushroom to brown and then simmer to finish up! Simple. Easy. Delicious!
This recipe uses a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry or refrigerator:
- Chicken Broth: use low sodium chicken broth to reduce salt intake
- Heavy Cream: you can replace with milk, but heavy cream will make this dish extra creamy
- Mushroom: I prefer fresh mushrooms, but you can use the canned mushroom to save time
- Garlic: I used freshly minced garlic, and you can substitute with garlic powder.
- Flour: It helps to thicken the sauce and you can substitute with cornstarch.
I used thick cut bone-in pork chops for this recipe. Boneless will work as well, but the bone-in pork chops stay extra tender and juicy. Use a large skillet (12-inches) so that your pork chops can brown nicely and avoid over-crowding.
HOW TO SERVE CREAM OF MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
These Easy Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops can be served with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes and vegetables such as green beans and broccoli.
SECRETS AND TIPS FOR MAKING CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
- Use thick cut pork chops so that they won’t be overcooked easily. I like bone-in pork chops for extra flavor. If you decide to use boneless pork chops, make sure to reduce cook time for a few minutes, depending on the thickness of your meat.
- Pat dry your pork chops and then season them with salt and paper before searing. Brown them really well until you have a nice brown crust on the pork chops.
- Use a large skillet to avoid over-crowding. If your pork chops won’t fit in, brown them in 2 batches.
- Heavy cream makes gravy extra creamy, but you can substitute with Half & Half or milk.
Easy Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops with juicy and tender pork chops smothered in rich and creamy mushroom soup! This comforting Mushroom Pork Chops dish makes an easy dinner recipe for busy nights with one pan and 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops , 1-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Cream of Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, about 8 ounces, I used Crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- fresh thyme, optional
- fresh parsley, optional
- Pat dry your pork chops with the paper towel and then season with salt & pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for about 4-6 minutes each side or until they are nicely browned and cooked through. Remove the pork chops to a place.
- Add the butter to the same skillet to melt, and then add mushrooms and minced garlic. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are nicely browned.
- Add in chicken broth, heavy cream and flour, stir and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add back pork chops and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat, and garnish with optional chopped parsley or thyme. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more pork chop recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.