Dorito-crusted Popcorn Chicken Bites
Dorito-crusted Popcorn Chicken Bites are the perfect finger food to make when you want something super tasty, quick and easy. You only need 3 ingredients and 20 minutes for a party appetizer or snack that’s perfect for Doritos lovers. The best part? It’s baked, not fried. Plus video tutorial!
This recipe will make about 20 bites, or 2 per person. If you’re entertaining, you may want to consider doubling the recipe, as they go fast!
HOW TO MAKE DORITO-CRUSTED POPCORN CHICKEN
You only need the following three ingredients to make this popcorn chicken:
- Chicken breasts – recommend boneless skinless
- Doritos: 2 large bags
- Mayonnaise: regular or low-fat will work
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Some great options are ranch, chipotle, salsa or guac, but use whatever you have on hand.
WHICH FLAVOR OF DORITOS SHOULD I USE?
Some of you have asked which flavor of Doritos to use. We’ve made this recipe successfully with Nacho Cheese Doritos, Cool Ranch and Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos (for a kick!). You should be able to substitute in any other flavors as well.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE DORITO CRUSTED CHICKEN BITES:
20 Minute Baked Popcorn Chicken (with Video)
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces Doritos, 1-2 bags depending on size
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ranch dipping sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick baking mat.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 1/2" / 3 cm cubes.
- In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise and chicken pieces. Mix to coat and set aside.
- Place Doritos into a large ziptop bag and seal shut. Using a rolling pin or bottle, pound the chips until pulverized (see note).
- Roll the chicken pieces in crushed Doritos to coat, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more Doritos recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.