Dorito Chicken Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Dorito Chicken Bites are mouthwateringly tender with a crispy coating! They’re baked in the oven for a healthier recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce for an easy appetizer!
Dorito Chicken Bites are one of our most popular appetizers of all time. They’re like KFC-style popcorn chicken with the added flavor of Doritos chips. The best part? They’re super-quick and easy to make without any need for deep frying.
They’re perfect for an everyday snack or to put out for a party or Game Day get-together. You can also cut the chicken into larger pieces to get nuggets or chicken tenders.
There are only 3 ingredients required for this recipe:
- Chicken Breasts: Use only boneless, skinless chicken breasts or fillets. While chicken thighs are flavorful, they don’t make nice plump pieces.
- Doritos: We prefer the original flavor, but you can also use Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch or (for a kick) Spicy Sweet Chili.
- Mayonnaise: You can use regular or light mayo. If you want to avoid mayo, you can always use sour cream as the next best option. Avoid using yogurt, which will make the chips soggy.
I also recommend serving with a dipping sauce like ranch or salsa on the side.
How to Make Dorito Chicken Bites
To make them, start by pulverizing the Doritos into small pieces. You can do this by putting them in a ziptop bag and pounding them, or by pulsing several time in a food processor.
Next, cube the chicken breasts. Toss them in mayonnaise, which will help the Doritos to adhere to the chicken. Lastly dredge them in the Doritos and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes in a 375°F and voilà – they’re ready to serve!
Watch Recipe Video:
This short tutorial shows how to make it in just 20 minutes:
More Finger Foods:
View all appetizers
Dorito Chicken Bites
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces Doritos, any flavor (1-2 bags)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
- ranch sauce, optional for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Place the Doritos in a large resealable plastic bag. Then push out the air and seal shut. Using a rolling pin or mallet, pound the chips until pulverized to small pieces, but not a powder. (You can use a food processor to do this if you prefer.)
- Pour the crushed Doritos into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a work surface and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Then add to a medium bowl and mix in the mayonnaise until thoroughly coated.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the crushed Doritos until coated on all sides. Then place onto the prepared baking sheet with an inch of space in between.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately with optional dipping sauce.
- Make Ahead: This recipe is best when made right before serving. However, you can store them for one day in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.