Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas combine a homemade creamy cheesecake filling with strawberries wrapped inside a flour tortilla. Then it’s fried until golden before being rolled in cinnamon sugar for possibly the most irresistible dessert ever! Plus video tutorial!
OMG these Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas are about to become your new obsession! They’re an unforgettable dessert sensation that melts in your mouth, and they’re ready in 20 minutes. This.Is.Amazing!
Chimichangas are deep fried burritos that originated in the Southwestern US and/or Mexico. They were originally savory mains and evolved into desserts over time. And it’s a good thing that happened!
These Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas are perfect for breakfast or brunch, especially on a weekend when there’s time to linger and indulge. The strawberry cheesecake aroma always lures in family members instantly.
Preparation is really quick and easy. Just combine fresh strawberries with cheesecake filling, stuff it into a tortilla and deep fry!
Use a toothpick to hold the package together (like a safety pin) before going to the deep dryer. It should only take 3-4 minutes of frying turning once or twice, and then you can remove them to a paper towel lined plate.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGAS:
Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas (with Video)
- oil for frying
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar, 1/4 cup sugar+1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat two inches of oil to 350F degrees in a saucepan or deep fryer. Meanwhile, set aside a paper towel lined plate and prepare chimichangas.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Fold in strawberries.
- Lay out a 6 inch flour tortilla on a work surface. Spread the cheesecake onto the lower third of the tortilla.
- Roll your tortilla up burrito style, and seal with a toothpick. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Deep fry for 3-4 minutes until golden, and remove to a paper towel lined plate. Roll in cinnamon sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more cheesecake recipes?
Editor note: Published May 19, 2016 and updated Oct 13, 2018
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.