Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Strata
Let’s face it, we could all use some new ideas when it comes to breakfast. The omelet/french toast/pancake rotation can get old after awhile! Enter this Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Strata — a fun combination in an easy-to-make dish.
It only takes 10 minutes of prep time before going into the oven to bake. This is perfect for a leisurely weekend breakfast or brunch with friends or family, and it’s a meal all by itself. It smells so good coming out of the oven…
All you need to make this is a springform pan or circular cake pan. Failing that, a square baking dish will do. Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it from start to finish:
Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Strata (With Video)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 loaf french bread
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10 oz bacon, cooked
- fresh parsley sprigs, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9-10 inch springform or circular cake pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, milk and salt. Pour into a large ziplock bag.
- Slice french bread into 1-inch cubes, and add to ziplock bag along with cooked bacon and cheddar cheese. Chill for 30 minutes to soak (optional).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with optional parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats
Try our Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pizza for another delicious breakfast idea…
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.