Bacon Wrapped Spring Rolls
Don’t skip breakfast! It happens to us all too often, even though we know breakfast is the key to a steady supply of energy throughout the day. Thanks to Smithfield for sponsoring these Bacon Wrapped Spring Rolls, a delicious new breakfast recipe!
We created these Bacon Wrapped Spring Rolls as a delicious, protein-packed breakfast featuring Smithfield bacon combined with fresh avocado.
We love making them for a fun breakfast or brunch with friends, and they make a superb grab-and-go option when you’re in a hurry. Spring rolls haven’t been bacon-wrapped … until now! It’s a unique twist on avocado egg salad elevated to perfection with crisp bacon.
They look fabulous however they’re served, and we love slicing on the diagonal into halves for a great color contrast with the bacon.
The choice of bacon is really important. We’ve found some brands don’t make for a tight wrap around the spring roll, and others fall apart while cooking.
Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon wraps nicely and holds its form during baking. Plus it cooks evenly in about 20 minutes and tastes amazing.
If you’re trying to get your kids to eat more, look no further than this recipe. Our kids devoured several each in one sitting! So we’re glad to know Smithfield is partnering with No Kid Hungry to donate one million meals to combat childhood hunger.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Spring Rolls
The first step to make them is preparing the spring roll filling in a mixing bowl with avocado, egg, red onion and a sprinkle of lime juice, salt and pepper. If you have leftover hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, this is a great way to use them up.
If you need to set this mixture aside for more than 30 minutes, simply add the avocado pits to the bowl to prevent browning.
Now you can make the spring rolls by wrapping up a spoonful of filling in each spring roll wrapper and sealing with a dab of water.
Last but not least is wrapping each spring roll with bacon. We did it on a work surface, but a plate works just as well.
Then place them on a broiler pan or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. We haven’t tried this on the barbecue yet, but it should work fine on low-medium heat.
They’re sure to become one of your favorite spring roll recipes. Enjoy!
Watch How to Make Bacon-wrapped Spring Rolls:
Bacon Wrapped Spring Rolls
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled or scrambled, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large eggroll wraps, 5-6 inch size
- 1 lb Smithfield Hometown Original bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick baking mat, or take out a broiler pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados and sprinkle in some lime juice. (If setting aside for more than half an hour, add the avocado pits to prevent browning.)
- Roughly chop the eggs and mix into the avocados along with red onion, salt and pepper.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a work surface.
- Spoon a tablespoon or so of avocado filling onto one corner, and wrap it up into a package following the video. Dab water onto the tip to seal, and place on prepared pan.
- Repeat the previous step for the remaining 11 wrappers.
- Wrap each spring roll with one slice of bacon, starting from one end and ending on the other.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the upper half of your oven, turning after 10 minutes if your oven is not convection. (You may wish to broil for 2-3 minutes at the end for additional browning.)
- Remove from the oven and place on a paper towel lined plate. Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by TipBuzz on behalf of Smithfield.
Looking for more bacon recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.