20 Minute Easy Caprese Calzones
We all need some homemade Italian food in our lives, but many dishes are too complicated for busy everyday lives. Enter these Quick and Easy Tomato Basil Calzones…
They take less than 20 minutes to make and only require 5 ingredients. Best of all, they are actually fun to make, e.g. even good for a date night or weekend lunch. Try them and see for yourself.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Tomato Basil Calzones
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- dipping sauces, i.e. ranch, marinara, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Chop basil roughly. Core tomatoes and slice to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Lay out your pizza crust onto a floured surface, cut it into 4 even quarters
- Evenly distribute tomato slices, cheese and basil into the 4 centers of the pizza crust. Fold dough together and seal the ends with your fingers.
- Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you’re looking for another oven-baked sandwich, check out our delicious Pizza Sub Sandwiches.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.