Monkey Bread Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Monkey Bread Muffins are melt-in-your-mouth delicious with icing drizzled on top. They’re easy to make in about 30 minutes for breakfast, brunch or a snack on-the-go!
If you’re a fan of monkey bread like I am, then you’ll love these monkey bread muffins. They’re moist, rich and definitely craving-worthy! The best part? They’re quick and easy to make using biscuit dough.
- Refrigerated biscuit dough: This is your standard biscuit dough, regular or large size (I used Pillsbury).
- Brown sugar
- Butterscotch pudding mix: A single 1-oz packet is all you need
- Icing: A mix of unsalted butter, milk and powdered sugar
How to Make Monkey Bread Muffins
You only need about 10 minutes of prep time for these muffins. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 12-cup muffin pan (or two 6-cup pans).
While the oven is warming, quarter the biscuits and coat in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Then drizzle melted butter on top and bake for 18-20 minutes.
While they’re cooling, make the icing by whisking together powdered sugar and milk. Once the muffins are lukewarm or cooler, drizzle the icing on top and serve!
Here is a quick 1-minute tutorial on how to make them:
Monkey Bread Muffins (+Video)
- 24 oz refrigerated biscuit dough, 2x13-oz packages (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 stick, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with oil or add paper cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Open the biscuit dough package and separate into individual pieces. Cut them into quarters and coat thoroughly with the brown sugar mixture. Reserve any remaining mixture.
- Place 4 pieces of dough into each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine butterscotch pudding mix, melted butter and add in any remaining brown sugar mix.
- Coat the top of your muffins with butterscotch mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the pan.
- Make the icing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, powdered sugar and milk.
- Once the muffins are lukewarm, drizzle the icing on top and serve.
- Storage: You can make these muffins up to 3 days ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Microwave for 60 seconds to reheat before serving.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.