Monkey Bread Muffins have got to be one of our favorite, state fair-inspired desserts!
For the uninitiated, monkey bread simply consists of biscuit dough sprinkled with brown sugar and melted butter. In this recipe, we make muffins out of them and drizzle with homemade icing.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Monkey Bread Muffins (with Video)
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 oz butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 6-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut biscuit dough into quarters and thoroughly coat with brown sugar mixture. Set any remaining mixture aside.
- Place 4 pieces of dough into each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine butterscotch pudding mix, melted butter and add in any remaining brown sugar mix.
- Coat the top of your muffins with butterscotch mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make the icing by combining butter, powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle onto the muffins. Serve and enjoy!
Check out our Apple PieTacos for another fun dessert recipe.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here