3 Ingredient Fried Ice Cream With Fruity Pebbles
Fried Ice Cream Is The Most Impressive And Delicious Way To End A Meal! Creamy And Sweet Ice Cream With A Crunchy And Colorful Coating Made From Fruity Pebbles! Fried Ice Cream Is So Easy To Make With Only 3 Ingredients: Vanilla Ice Cream, Fruity Pebbles And Oil. Plus Video Tutorial! Who says frozen dessert and deep fried goodness have to be mutually exclusive? Fried Ice Cream begs to differ. It melts in your mouth, and once tried, your family and friends will ask you again and again… It’s one of my favorite dessert recipes along with Oreo Balls, Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups, Pineapple Pie and Slutty Brownies.
Deep Fried Ice Cream is easy to make as long as you learn a few secrets that I am going to share with you. You will find it even better than the ones from your favorite Mexican restaurants. Try it out for yourself for a real flavor sensation, and impress your friends while you’re at it.
WHAT IS FRIED ICE CREAM
Fried Ice Cream is one of the popular desserts from Chi-Chi’s Mexican-restaurant chain. It’s made from ball-shaped ice cream coated with bread/ corn flake shell, and then quickly deep-fried in hot oil.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED ICE CREAM
Scoop ice cream and shape them into ½ cup sized balls (If your ice cream is too hard, let it sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes until it’s firm enough to shape but soft enough to scoop). Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and freeze for over 1 hour or until firm.
Add crushed Fruity Pebbles cereal on a shallow dish or plate. Roll ice cream balls in crushed fruit pebbles and cover them completely. Make sure there is a thick, even coating on each ice cream ball. Freeze again for 3 hours. Then fill a saucepan with about 2 inches of oil and heat to 375°F. While wait, line a plate with paper towel. Remove ice cream balls from the freezer, place on a slotted spoon and lower gently into the oil. Fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for no more than 10 seconds. Drain on paper towel. Repeat for remaining balls.
Note: Make sure your oil is hot and don’t leave the ice cream in for more than about 10 seconds, for obvious reasons.
SECRETS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT FRIED ICE CREAM
- The double freezing method is crucial. The ball-shaped Ice cream needs to be firm before coating with crushed fruity pebbles. And they have to be frozen solid again before frying.
- Make sure your oil is hot before frying. Fry 1 or 2 at a time for less than 10 seconds. Otherwise, your ice cream will melt.
- During the breading process, the ice cream balls need to be covered COMPLETELY.
- You can make them ahead of time, store in the freezer until serving.
HOW TO SERVE FRIED ICE CREAM
I like to serve immediately when they are still warm with a dollop of whipped cream and top with Fruity Pebbles flakes. You can also drizzle them with chocolate or caramel sauces.
FRIED ICE CREAM VARIATIONS
Traditional Mexican Fried Ice Cream: Instead of using crushed fruity pebble flakes, the traditional Fried Ice Cream uses the combination of crushed corn flakes cereal and cinnamon. It will give you nice brown colored Fried Ice Cream.
Vanilla Wafer Fried Ice Cream: This version uses crushed vanilla wafers for the coating instead.
No-fry Fried Ice Cream: This recipe sauté crushed corn flakes cereal with cinnamon, sugar and butter first. After you shape the ice cream into balls and freeze them until firm. Then roll the ice cream balls in the corn flake mixture. This is a much easier version and tastes equally fantastic!
5 INSANELY DELICIOUS DEEP FRIED DESSERTS YOU NEED TO TRY
- Deep Fried Cheesecake
- Deep Fried Cookie Dough
- Deep Fried Apple Pie
- Deep Fried S’mores
- Deep Fried Ice Cream (YOU ARE HERE)
WATCH HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED ICE CREAM
Easy Fried Ice Cream Dessert With Fruity Pebbles (Video!)
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal, crushed
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- oil for frying
- whipped cream, optional
- Take 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, and shape them into ½ cup sized balls (If your ice cream is too hard, let it sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes until it’s firm enough to shape but soft enough to scoop).
- Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and freeze for over 1 hour or until firm.
- Add crushed Fruity Pebbles cereal on a shallow dish or plate. Roll ice cream balls in crushed fruit pebbles and cover them completely. Place back in the freezer.
- Fill a saucepan with about 2 inches of oil and heat to 375°F. While you wait, line a plate with paper towel.
- Remove the first ball from the freezer, place on a spoon and lower into oil. Fry no more than 10 seconds. Remove to paper towel. Repeat for remaining balls
- Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream and top with Fruity Pebbles flakes.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.