This Cinnamon Roll Apple Cranberry Pie may be better than apple pie, and it’s so gorgeous with a burst of red color from the cranberries.
The cinnamon roll crust is much more fun than using pastry, and the cranberries create a beautiful color contrast. It’s so tasty with a delicious cinnamon, apple, cranberry combination.
This recipe is ideal for Thanksgiving or the holiday season, although frankly it’s great year-round.
Many apples will work for this recipe, although we prefer Granny Smith. Fresh or frozen cranberries are perfect, just avoid dried as they’re too chewy. Before you get started, be sure to watch our video tutorial below:
Cinnamon Roll Apple Cranberry Pie
Cinnamon Roll Crust
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough divided
- flour for rolling
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ice cream for serving optional
Cinnamon Roll Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- Open cinnamon roll packages. Set aside two pieces and cut remaining into 1-inch slices. Roll out with flour to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Press into pie dish with your fingers. Push together to close any gaps.
- Peel and cut apples into 1-inch chunks. In a medium bowl , mix chopped apples, cranberries, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Add apple mixtures to pie dish. Unroll remaining cinnamon roll pieces and arrange as basket weave covering on top of pie (follow video)
- Bake for 40 minutes, covering with foil if browning too much. Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve with ice cream. Enjoy!
Looking for more apple pie recipes:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here