Apple Cranberry Pie
This Apple Cranberry Pie has a flaky cinnamon roll crust and a homemade apple pie filling with fresh cranberries. It’s an easy dessert that’s festive for the holidays!
When you need a festive dessert with easy preparation, look no further than this apple cranberry pie. It’s got irresistible cinnamon, apple and cranberry flavors without needing to make pie dough. Plus, the burst of red color is truly stunning!
- Cinnamon Roll Dough – Any refrigerated cinnamon roll dough will work, although I used Pillsbury for this recipe.
- Apples – Granny Smiths hold their shape with nice tart flavors, but any other baking apple such as Spys, Jonagolds or Honeycrisps will work too.
- Cranberries – fresh cranberries have the best flavor, but frozen will also work well if you can’t find any
- Sugar – white granulated sugar
- Cinnamon – ground cinnamon powder
- Cornstarch – this is an essential thickener to prevent the crust becoming watery
You can serve it warm by itself or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream.
How to Make Apple Cranberry Pie
To make it, start with a 9-10 inch glass pie plate. Press the cinnamon rolls into the plate as a single layer to form a crust.
Then chop the apples into 1/2-inch thick pieces and toss in a mixing bowl with the cranberries, cinnamon, sugar and cornstarch.
Add the apple-cranberry mixture to the pie plate. The final step is covering with a lace pattern, which is relatively easy thanks to the cinnamon rolls. Unravel them to extend across the top of the pie in a basket weave pattern.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until golden and puffy. Watch our video tutorial below to see how to make it:
More apple pie recipes:
Cinnamon Roll Apple Cranberry Pie
Cinnamon Roll Crust
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, divided, I used Pillsbury
- all-purpose flour, for rolling
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cinnamon Roll Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch round pie plate with nonstick cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- Open cinnamon roll packages. Set aside two pieces and cut remaining into 1-inch slices. Roll out with flour to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Press into pie dish with your fingers. Push together to close any gaps.
- Peel and cut apples into slices about 1/2-inch thick. In a medium bowl , mix chopped apples, cranberries, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Add apple mixtures to pie dish. Unravel the remaining cinnamon roll pieces and arrange as basket weave covering on top of pie (follow video)
- Bake for 40 minutes, covering with foil halfway through if browning too much.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- If you prefer, you can use canned apple pie filling instead of making homemade. You'll need one 32-ounce can of filling for this recipe.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.