These Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps are a healthy meal that’s so flavorful and easy to make. Best of all, they’re only 150 calories each for the perfect low-carb meal or a party appetizer!
This recipe features homemade teriyaki sauce and crisp lettuce. You can eat them as a meal or as a bite size appetizer at a party. Also try our teriyaki chicken rice bowls for another delicious dinner idea.
Butter lettuce and baby romaine lettuce are the best for the wraps. Iceberg lettuce and leaf lettuce can work, but in our experience is not as sturdy. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
The easiest, most unbelievably delicious Teriyaki Chicken served in lettuce wraps.
- 1 head lettuce we used romaine
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar apple cider or rice
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder or minced fresh
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
Start cooking rice and vegetables if applicable. Separate the butter lettuce into 12 large leaves and set aside on a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tsp oil and cubed chicken.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. If not browning, increase heat and continue for another minute.
Add sauce mixture to chicken and stir continuously until it thickens to coat the chicken. Remove from heat.
Place one large spoonful of teriyaki chicken into each lettuce leaf. Serve and enjoy!
-For the chicken to brown properly, there should be a bit of space between the pieces in the pan. Fry in batches if your pan is small or you're doubling the recipe.
Looking for more teriyaki recipes?
- 15 Minute Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- 20 Minute Easy Teriyaki Salmon
- Easy Teriyaki Shrimp
- How to Make Teriyaki Sauce
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here