Anytime is a good time for poke cakes! So fun to make with all those yummy flavors oozing through the cake holes. It doesn’t get ANY better than this delicious Blueberry Lemon Poke Cake…
It’s easier than you think to make. All you need are some simple ingredients starting with a lemon cake mix and some fresh blueberries. You can use frozen blueberries too, just cook an extra minute or two. We added some fresh lemon slices across the top for decoration:
The fun part is poking holes into the cake with the shaft of a wooden spoon. It’s best to do this within a few minutes of the cake coming out of the oven when it’s still soft…
While the cake is cooling, you can make the blueberry filling to pour on top of the lemon cake. You want to push the blueberries into the holes, and kids will love helping out with this too. Yum!
Happy baking everyone! Watch our video tutorial to see how to make it from start to finish:
Easy Blueberry Lemon Poke Cake (with Video)
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix box
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups whipped cream or topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the package. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake according to the directions.
- While baking, prepare the blueberry sauce. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring until thick and bubbly. Set aside.
- Remove cake from oven and cool 1-2 minutes. Then poke holes about an inch apart and halfway down using the shaft of a wooden spoon.
- Pour blueberry sauce over the cake, spreading evenly and pushing blueberries into the poked holes. lemon sauce on top. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold in powdered sugar. Pour on top of cake, using a spatula to spread evenly. Chill one hour.
- Garnish with optional lemon slices, fresh blueberries and mint. Serve and enjoy!
-If you can't find lemon cake mix, use a white or yellow cake mix and grate 2 tsp lemon zest into the batter.
Recipe adapted from The Wholesome Dish
Also try our Strawberry Jello Cake for another delicious layer cake recipe!
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here