Chocolate Icebox Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Chocolate Icebox Cake is the holiday classic made with chocolate wafers and whipped cream, enhanced with a melted chocolate coating and festive sprinkles.
This chocolate icebox cake recipe is a variation on a traditional holiday zebra cake. The wafers can normally be found in your supermarket or online. It’s fun to make with family or kids, and everyone will be licking their fingers. Yum!
It makes a yummy dessert that can also double as an easy chocolate yule log recipe. Can you say drool alert?
Watch our 1-minute video to see how to make it:
Chocolate Wafer Cake
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 10 Nabisco chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Red, green and white sprinkles, optional
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Alternatively you can use whipped topping.
- One by one, dip a wafer into milk to soften, and spread whipped cream on one side. Repeat with remaining wafers, stacking vertically.
- Spread remaining whipped cream on the outside of the cake usinga spatula. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, add the chocolate chips and whipping cream. Microwave for 1 minute, mix until smooth and cool slightly.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and place over a wire rack. Pour the chocolate frosting over top the cake and spread to distribute.
- Top with red, green, and white sprinkles. Refrigerate until serving and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.