Tex Mex Hot Dogs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Here is one of our favorite hot dog recipes for grilling season: Tex Mex Hot Dogs! They’re simply the best.
Take your favorite hot dogs and buns, and dress them up with a homemade corn relish and some jalapeño. These are perfect to serve up to guests when you’re entertaining in grilling season.
If you prefer a vegetarian option, then simply substitute in veggie dogs and you’ll be good to go.
These hot dogs are really not much more effort than making a plain hot dog! Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Tex Mex Hot Dogs (With Video)
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- 2 tbps lime juice
- In a medium bowl, add the corn, chopped green onion, cilantro, chives and lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat up your grill to medium-high heat. Add your hot dogs and grill for 4-5 minutes until cooked.
- Add the buns and heat for one minutes until toasted.
- Assemble the hot dogs: spread guacemole onto the buns, add the hot dogs, and top with corn relish and jalapeño peppers.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Check out Crescent Dog Twists for another fun hot dog recipe