Easy Popcorn Cake
Popcorn Cake is a classic dessert of popcorn, candy, marshmallows molded in bundt pan for an easy make-ahead dessert with only 15 minutes of prep. It’s a family favorite that’s crunchy, chewy and sweet – perfect for parties, movie nights, weekend treats and any festive occasion. Plus video tutorial!
Popcorn cake a turn-of-the-century American dessert made that’s stood the test of time, since it’s still popular today. Its round shape and bright colors make for a stunning presentation, and you’ll find everyone admiring it before digging in! If you’re looking for another recipe to use up leftover candy, try our Chocolate Bark too.
There’s nothing complicated about making popcorn cake and the only equipment you need is a mixing bowl and a large bundt pan. Everyone loves to admire it before digging in, adults and kids alike!
How to Make Popcorn Cake
You can make a popcorn cake with these ingredients:
- Unsalted butter
- Mini marshmallows: you can use large marshmallows, but they will take much longer to melt completely
- Popped popcorn: you can buy pre-popped or pop your own
- Candy: M&Ms, Reese’s pieces, Raisinets, Milk Duds, Crackerjack, Butterfinger
Of course, you can substitute in any other candy you like, as long as it’s small and not too hard.
Start by melting the butter and marshmallows in a large nonstick pan over low-to-medium heat for several minutes, stirring occasionally:
While the marshmallows are melting, you can toss the other ingredients in a medium bowl. If you’re popping your own corn, now is a good time to get it started too.
Once the marshmallows have melted completely, use a large spoon to mix it evenly into the popcorn mixture. Press into the bundt pan to create the round shape, and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
Tips and Secrets for Making the Best Popcorn Cake
- Be sure to spray the bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray for easy unmolding later on.
- For holidays like Halloween or 4th of July, use thematic candy colors such as orange/brown or red/white/blue for extra fun
- You can make popcorn cake up to 1 day ahead of time (longer than that ansd the popcorn will go stale). Wrap it in wax paper to help keep it fresh and store in the fridge.
- Serve at room temperature for the moistest, gooiest texture
Watch How to Make Popcorn Cake:
Popcorn Cake (with Video)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6-8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup M&Ms or Smarties
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1/2 cup Raisinets
- 1/2 cup Milk Duds
- 1/2 cup Cracker Jack
- 1 Butterfinger, chopped
- Spray a large bundt cake pan or angel food cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low-medium heat for several minutes until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine popcorn and all candy. Pour in melted marshmallows and mix until coated evenly.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared bundt pan, pressing it into the corners. Chill for 30 minutes or more to set. Serve
- You can substitute any of the candy in the recipe 1:1 with your favorites. Smaller size candy works best.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.