Skillet Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole is made in a skillet for a satisfying homestyle meal that everyone will love (picky eaters included). It has layers of baked ham, sliced potatoes and melty cheese with a golden au gratin crust on top!
This recipe is a skillet variation on our popular Cheesy Ham and Potato Bake, so it’s baked in an ovenproof skillet for a beautiful homestyle presentation. Serve it for brunch, dinner or a party knowing everyone will love it.
It’s best to serve warm, and it’ll stay warm in the skillet for a half hour out of the oven. It also makes fabulous leftovers that can be easily re-heated in the microwave.
I use a 12-inch cast iron pan like this one, but you can use whatever you have on hand. You can check if a skillet is ovenproof by making sure there’s no plastic in the handle.
Watch How to Make Skillet Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
Skillet Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 10 slices ham
- 10 slices swiss cheese, or cheddar
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese, or mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an ovenproof skillet.
- Peel the potatoes and slice into about 1/4-inch thickness pieces.
- Press a layer of potatoes into the prepared pan and season with salt and pepper. Add 4 slices each of ham and cheese.
- Repeat with a layers of potatoes, ham and then cheese. Add one final layer of potatoes, parsley and then cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Pour evenly over grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Looking for more casserole recipes?
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.