This Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole is made in a skillet for a satisfying homestyle meal that everyone will love (picky eaters included). It has layers of baked ham, sliced potatoes and melty cheese with a golden au gratin crust on top!
This recipe is a skillet variation on our popular Cheesy Ham and Potato Bake, so it’s baked in an ovenproof skillet for a beautiful homestyle presentation. Serve it for brunch, dinner or a party knowing everyone will love it.
It’s best to serve warm, and it’ll stay warm in the skillet for a half hour out of the oven. It also makes fabulous leftovers that can be easily re-heated in the microwave.
I use a 12-inch cast iron pan like this one, but you can use whatever you have on hand. You can check if a skillet is ovenproof by making sure there’s no plastic in the handle.
Watch How to Make Skillet Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
Skillet Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole
This Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole is made in a skillet for a mouthwatering homestyle meal that everyone will love (picky eaters included). It has layers of baked ham, sliced potatoes and melty cheese with a golden au gratin crust on top!
- 4 large baking potatoes peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 10 slices ham
- 10 slices swiss cheese or cheddar
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 2 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese or mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an ovenproof skillet.
- Peel the potatoes and slice into about 1/4-inch thickness pieces.
- Press a layer of potatoes into the prepared pan and season with salt and pepper. Add 4 slices each of ham and cheese.
- Repeat with a layers of potatoes, ham and then cheese. Add one final layer of potatoes, parsley and then cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Pour evenly over grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more casserole recipes?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here