15 Minute Avocado Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Avocado Pasta is an elegant vegetarian dinner idea that’s creamy, satisfying and full of flavor! It will be on your dinner table in 15 minutes and is easy to make with a few simple ingredients: avocados, basil, garlic, lemon and olive oil with optional cherry tomatoes for color. Plus video tutorial!
When we think about vegetarian dinner ideas, this avocado pasta is simply amazing. With its creamy texture and emerald green color, it’s a healthy meal that’s some seriously delicious comfort food.
While the pasta cooks, you make the avocado pasta sauce in a food processor. The whole process takes about 15 minutes in total and makes an easy weeknight dinner.
Even though it tastes creamy, there is no butter or cream in this recipe. Due to the avocados, it’s actually packed full of antioxidants.
The key is to get ripe avocados, meaning they give a little like a ripe peach when you press with your finger. Usually the skin will be darkening without having turned completely black.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO PASTA
To make avocado pasta, start by putting your spaghetti into salted boiling water. If you want to be extra-healthy, you can use whole wheat pasta. In the meantime, make the sauce by combining the ingredients in a food processor.
Put the avocado, basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Blend until almost smooth, and then dribble in the olive oil to make a light emulsion.
That’s your beautiful green avocado pasta sauce! Just don’t make it more than 15 minutes before serving, as the color will go off because of the avocado.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO PASTA:
15 Minute Easy Avocado Pasta (with Video)
- 16 oz package spaghetti
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a medium-large pot of salted water to a boil and add spaghetti.
- In a food processor or blender, add avocados, fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Run food processor for 5-10 seconds before gradually adding olive oil, running for another 20-30 seconds until creamy.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and add to a large bowl.
- Cool pasta slightly before mixing in avocado sauce and tomatoes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- It's important to serve immediately after mixing, as the avocado sauce will start discoloring after about 10 minutes.
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here.