There are danishes, apple danishes and now these delicious Rose Apple Danishes with a gorgeous apple rose in the center.
They’re the perfect autumn treat that also happens to be perfect grab-and-go snack. Take them to work, school or out on a picnic. We’ve been known to eat them on the sidelines of a kids soccer game!
Watch this video tutorial to see how to make it:
Rose Apple Danish (with Video)
- 2-3 apples Red Delicious recommended
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls 4 pieces
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the apple halves lengthwise to 1/8-inch thick pieces.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add apple slices and lemon juice, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter together. Then add to the apple slices, stirring to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until the apple slices are pliable. Strain out any accumulated liquid.
- Arrange about 8 apple slices in a straight row with an inch of overlap on each. Starting with one end, gently roll the slices together to make a rose.
- Repeat previous step to make 10-11 more roses.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Open the crescent roll package and unroll the dough.
- Take one roll and pinch seams together to form a rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 5 equal strips.
- Wrap one strip of crescent roll dough around a rose, twisting the dough as you do it. Then wrap a second strip around the first strip. Repeat for remaining roses.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, mix together powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. It should be thick enough just to be pourable.
- Remove danishes from oven, cool slightly and then drizzle with icing. Serve and enjoy!
Check out our Cinnamon Roll Apple Rose recipe too: