There are danishes, apple danishes and now these delicious Rose Apple Danishes with a gorgeous apple rose in the center.
They’re the perfect autumn treat that also happens to be perfect grab-and-go snack. Take them to work, school or out on a picnic. We’ve been known to eat them on the sidelines of a kids soccer game!
Watch this video tutorial to see how to make it:
Rose Apple Danish (with Video)
- 2-3 apples Red Delicious recommended
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls 4 pieces
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the apple halves lengthwise to 1/8-inch thick pieces.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add apple slices and lemon juice, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter together. Then add to the apple slices, stirring to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until the apple slices are pliable. Strain out any accumulated liquid.
- Arrange about 8 apple slices in a straight row with an inch of overlap on each. Starting with one end, gently roll the slices together to make a rose.
- Repeat previous step to make 10-11 more roses.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- Open the crescent roll package and unroll the dough.
- Take one roll and pinch seams together to form a rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 5 equal strips.
- Wrap one strip of crescent roll dough around a rose, twisting the dough as you do it. Then wrap a second strip around the first strip. Repeat for remaining roses.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, mix together powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. It should be thick enough just to be pourable.
- Remove danishes from oven, cool slightly and then drizzle with icing. Serve and enjoy!
Check out our Cinnamon Roll Apple Rose recipe too:
© TIPBUZZ. Images and text on this website are copyright protected. Please do not post or republish without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy here