Apple Rose Cookie Cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
With fall in full swing, we’re definitely on an apple rose craze. We just had to share these bite size apple rose cookie cups! They’re like apple cookies, only a beautiful apple rose is in the center for a festive touch.
Try them for a snack or a party food idea. We’ve put them out at holiday parties, and people stop to admire them before feasting away. They’re almost always the first to go!
Watch our video tutorial to see how to make them:
Easy Rose Apple Cookie Cups (With Video)
- 2 red apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk, from a large egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for serving, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and mix.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until well combined, and then stir in the mini chocolate chips. Put the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place the apples on a work surface. Using a sharp paring knife, halve them and remove cores and seeds. Then lie flat and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add apple slices and lemon juice and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter together. Then add to the apple slices, stirring to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until the apple slices are pliable. Strain out any accumulated liquid.
- Arrange 4-5 apple slices in a row with an inch of overlap on each. Starting with one end, gently roll the slices together to make a rose. Repeat for 23 more roses.
- Place about 1 tbsp of cookie dough into each muffin cup, pressing down halfway in the middle with a melon baller or your thumb.
- Then place a rose into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookie cups are golden.
- Let cool at room temperature in the muffin tin (Note: be sure to let these cool completely). Dust with powdered sugar, serve and enjoy!
Please read our nutrition disclaimer.
Check out our Apple Rose Cinnamon Roll too: