Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Garlic Shrimp and Rice
Garlic Shrimp and Rice are an easy 20-minute recipe combining mouthwatering tender shrimp and fluffy rice. You can make it with white rice or brown rice, fried or steamed.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups white rice uncooked, it will yield enough for 4-6 people
- 1 lb raw shrimp 26-30 size or similar, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsbp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- green onion minced, optional
Start cooking rice in a pot or rice cooker according to the package directions.
Thaw shrimp if necessary in a medium bowl of cold water.
In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger to make marinade sauce.
Put the shrimp and HALF of the marinade into a ziplock bag or container and shake.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and fry about 2 minutes until pink. Remove from heat
Add the rest of the marinate cook until the sauce thickens into a glaze.
Add cooked rice and add back cooked shrimp. Toss well. Serve with optional green onion and enjoy!
- If buying frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw them before cooking.
- Don’t overcook your shrimp! It’s done once it’s opaque and firm to the touch.
- Use brown rice and cut oil and honey to half if you prefer a healthier version.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1416mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 3.4mg