Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Garlic Shrimp and Rice
Garlic Shrimp and Rice are an easy 20-minute recipe combining mouthwatering tender shrimp and fluffy rice. You can make it with white rice or brown rice, fried or steamed.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups white rice uncooked, it will yield enough for 4-6 people
- 1 lb raw shrimp 26-30 size or similar, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsbp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- green onion minced, optional
Start cooking rice in a pot or rice cooker according to the package directions.
Thaw shrimp if necessary in a medium bowl of cold water.
In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger to make marinade sauce.
Put the shrimp and HALF of the marinade into a ziplock bag or container and shake.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and fry about 2 minutes until pink. Remove from heat
Add the rest of the marinate cook until the sauce thickens into a glaze.
Add cooked rice and add back cooked shrimp. Toss well. Serve with optional green onion and enjoy!
- If buying frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw them before cooking.
- Don’t overcook your shrimp! It’s done once it’s opaque and firm to the touch.
- Use brown rice and cut oil and honey to half if you prefer a healthier version.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1416mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 3.4mg