Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
Succulent jumbo shrimp sautéed in a garlic butter sauce with fresh parsley.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parsley Italian parsley recommended
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
Add garlic cloves, parsley and butter to a food processor or blender. Process in intervals to a coarse paste, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
Using a spatula, spread half of the garlic butter onto a large skillet. Arrange the shrimp neatly in one layer on top. Then spread the rest of the garlic butter evenly on top
Spread the remaining butter paste evenly on top of the shrimp, squeezing between your thumb and forefinger to make manageable pieces.
Place the skillet on medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through (see note).
Remove from heat and use tongs to lift out of the pan onto a serving plate. Garnish with fresh lemon and serve warm.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of the shrimp: medium shrimp could take as little as 3-4 minutes while extra jumbo may take 8-10 minutes.
- You can thaw frozen shrimp quickly by placing them into a large bowl of cold water. After 5 minutes, drain the water and the shrimp will be ready for use.
- For a lighter variation, substitute olive oil for butter.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 316mg | Sodium: 885mg | Potassium: 130mg | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 16.9mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 2.7mg