Honey Garlic Shrimp
Sticky and Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp is a 15 minute dinner with a 4-ingredient sauce. Succulent marinated shrimp seared in a mouthwatering honey garlic sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb raw shrimp 21-30 size, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
Serving Ideas - Optional
- green onion minced
- steamed rice
Thaw shrimp under running water if necessary, and start cooking rice and vegetables if you're making them.
In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger.
Put the shrimp and HALF of the marinade into a ziplock bag or container to marinate for at least 10 minutes and up to one hour.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and fry one minute until pink.
Add the rest of the marinade and then flip the shrimp.
Fry one minute until the sauce thickens slightly and starts to coat the shrimp.
Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
- This recipe uses defrosted shrimp. You can thaw your shrimp in the refrigerator overnight. To thaw shrimp quickly, place it under cold running water. Pat dry with a paper towel before cooking.
- Low-sodium soy sauce is recommended, so it’s not too salty.
- Cook your shrimp in a single layer in the pan to get a good sear, using multiple batches if needed.
- If your shrimp are already cooked, take them out first, and let the sauce thicken up. Watch the sauce carefully as honey can easily make it burn. Add the shrimp back when the sauce is ready.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 1174mg | Potassium: 167mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 0.6mg