Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Honey Garlic Shrimp
Succulent jumbo shrimp coated in a sticky honey garlic sauce. Perfect as a quick dinner or party appetizer.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb raw shrimp 21-25 or 26-30 size, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 green onion minced - optional
Thaw the shrimp under running water if necessary. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey.
Put the shrimp and HALF of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag or medium bowl. Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes up to one hour (refrigerate for periods longer than 10 minutes).
Place a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add vegetable oil followed by the shrimp in a single layer (see note). Finally, pour in the marinade.
Sauté the shrimp for 1-2 minutes. Then flip them one-by-one using kitchen tongs and cook 1-2 minutes more until the shrimp are pink on the outside and the flesh is opaque.
The sauce should have thickened slightly and be starting to coat the shrimp. (If not, then remove the shrimp to a plate when done to allow the sauce to boil down further).
Once the shrimp are glazed with the sauce, remove from heat. Garnish with optional green onions and serve immediately.
- This recipe uses defrosted shrimp. You can thaw your shrimp in the refrigerator overnight or under running water (read more on how to thaw shrimp).
- Don't crowd the pan. If you skillet is too small to accommodate the shrimp in a single layer, then saute in batches.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1175mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg