Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets (with Video)
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets with jumbo shrimp, Andouille sausage, corn and potatoes with Cajun seasoning, grilled or baked. A delicious dinner that's ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lb raw jumbo shrimp
- 1 andouille sausage or chorizo (mild or spicy), sliced
- 2 ears corn peeled and quartered
- 1 lb baby red potatoes cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Garnishes - optional
- half lemon freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley minced
Preheat grill or oven to 425°F (218°C). Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil.
Boil the potato chunks and corn pieces for 5-7 minutes.
On a work surface, cut 4 pieces of foil approximately 12 inches (30 cm) square.
Distribute the shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes across the middle of each piece of foil.
Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on top and drizzle olive oil across the ingredients.
Fold up the edges of each piece of foil into a packet, rolling and sealing the edges tightly. Take care to avoid puncturing the foil.
Place the packets seam-side up on the grill or oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until the shrimp and potatoes are tender.
Remove packets from heat and garnish with optional lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley.
Wild shrimp certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) are recommended. Avoid frozen packages with lots of ice crystals, which are indicative of thawing and re-freezing (more detail on how to select shrimp).
- Thaw the shrimp completely before use and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture if needed.
- You can assemble the packets up to 12 hours before cooking, although I don't recommend reheating as the flavors get soggy somehow.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 300mg | Sodium: 1454mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1665IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 2.1mg