Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Banana Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
This Croissant Bread Pudding combines mouthwatering chocolate and bananas flavors while using up your leftover croissants. This easy dessert is delicious served warm out of the oven.
Servings: 10 servings
- 4 large croissants fresh or stale
- 2 medium bananas sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese regular or light, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Serving - optional
- chocolate sauce
- vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with the sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the milk and set aside.
On a work surface, cut the croissants roughly into 1-inch pieces. Place HALF of the pieces into the prepared pan along with all the banana slices.
Top with the remaining croissant pieces and chocolate chips. Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly into the pan, soaking as many of croissant pieces as possible.
Place the pan into the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until the surface is golden and puffy.
Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes or more. Serve with optional ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- To avoid the bananas discoloring, be sure to cover with the cream cheese mixture within several minutes of slicing.
- Make Ahead: You can make this dish up to one day ahead of time. Store it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap and reheat before serving.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 2mg