Garlic Butter Crab Legs
Learn how to cook crab legs with this easy garlic butter crab legs recipe baked to perfection in just 15 minutes. The perfect fancy dinner for a special occasion like an anniversary, birthday or date night!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 lbs crab legs king crab or snow crab
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted (see note)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- fresh parsley minced – optional
Ensure your crab legs are thawed completely before use (see note).
Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Set aside a large baking sheet.
Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut the crab legs in half to expose the flesh.
Place the crab legs halves on the baking sheet with flesh facing up.
Brush the crab legs with melted butter if you wish.
Bake for 10 minutes or until fragrant.
Remove from oven and garnish with optional parsley.
Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
- To quickly thaw crab legs, immerse in a large pot of room temperature water for 30-60 minutes.
- For extra flavor, consider using clarified butter or garlic butter for brushing/dipping instead of melted butter. I recommend using unsalted butter, since the crab legs are already quite high in sodium.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 210mg | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.7mg