The Perfect 20 Minute Frittata
A fluffy and perfect Frittata – loaded with bacon, cheese, eggs and vegetables. Once you know the basics, the filling options are endless. It takes less than 20 minutes and is a great recipe to clean out the refrigerator!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Half medium onion cubed
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup cooked bacon cut into small pieces
- ½ cup bread cut into cubes
- fresh parsley sprigs for serving optional
Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, add oil and sauté onions and mushrooms over medium heat until tender and lightly browned. For about 4-6 minutes.
Add the cooked bacon pieces and mix well. Then spread them into an even layer.
Add the bread cubes and cheese on top, and distribute evenly.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and salt.
Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. Tilt the pan if needed so that egg mixture can settle evenly over the cheese. Cook for about 2 minutes until you see the egg mixture at the edges of the pan start to set.
Bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and garnish with optional parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
1. Cream makes the frittata extra fluffy. You can substitute with milk for a healthier option.
2. If you need to cook your bacon, you will need about 4-5 slices of raw bacon. Add them to the cold skillet, and turn the heat to medium-high. Stir occasionally until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon to a plate covered with paper towel.
3. I used 10-inch nonstick skillet, if you use a larger skillet, your frittata will be shallower and require shorter cooking time.
4. I love adding bread to my frittata to make it extra hearty. You can substitute with potatoes or other vegetables.