Chocolate Covered Bacon
Chocolate Covered Bacon is a carnival-inspired snack with irresistible sweet and salty flavors. All you need is bacon and chocolate plus some toppings. Perfect for a party or gift!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 12 pieces
- 1 lb bacon 12-16 slices
- 8 oz white chocolate see note
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate or milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil optional
- shredded coconut
- chopped almonds
- Oreo cookies crumbled
- sprinkles rainbow, nonpareils etc.
Cook bacon until crispy following package directions, i.e. using a skillet or in the oven or microwave.
Use paper towels to dab away excess fat from the bacon after cooking. Then set aside.
Place white chocolate and 1 tbsp coconut oil into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring each time.
Place semisweet or milk chocolate into a separate bowl and melt the same way.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and place the bacon strips on top.
Brush or spoon one type of melted chocolate onto the bacon to cover. Then decorate with optional toppings and/or drizzle some of the other chocolate on top.
Place baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes to set and then serve.
- Any type of bacon will work including turkey bacon.
- Baking chocolate is ideal, as it'll be easier to apply to the bacon. Chocolate chips are also possible but can be thick, so add 1 tbsp coconut oil for spreadability.
- You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler instead of the microwave if you prefer.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.8mg