Add to Collection
Go to Collections
How to Boil Hot Dogs
Step-by-step instructions for boiling the perfect hot dog!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 hot dogs refrigerated or frozen
- 1 1/2 quarts cold water or beer (6 cups or 3-4 cans)
Fill a medium saucepan or skillet with the water and place over high heat (medium heat if using beer).
Once the liquid is boiling, carefully add the hot dogs using kitchen tongs to avoid splashes.
Boil 5 minutes for refrigerated dogs or 10 minutes for frozen dogs. For jumbo size wieners, add 3 minutes extra.
Using tongs again, remove the dogs to a plate for dressing. Serve hot.
- Hot Dogs: Buying quality hot dogs will reduce the likelihood of blemishes and split casings.
- Leftover water in the pan can be re-used to boil consecutive batches if desired.
- When doubling the recipe, use a large pot to avoid crowding.
Serving: 1hot dog | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 66mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg