Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Eye of Round Roast Crock Pot
A budget-friendly cut of meat that makes a delicious dinner when braised in a crock pot or Dutch oven.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 pound eye of round roast
- ½ cup beef broth or water
- ¼ cup soy sauce low-sodium recommended
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 large cloves garlic minced, or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
Optional for extra flavor: Place a cast iron skillet on high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and the roast. Fry for 5 minutes, turning regularly using kitchen tongs for even browning.
Place the roast and other ingredients into the crock pot.
Set the crock pot to cook on High for 6-7 hours or Low for 8-10 hours until tender (see note).
Optional gravy: Pour the juices from the crock pot into a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the cornstarch-water slurry and let it bubble for several minutes stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
Slice the roast crosswise against the grain and serve with the juices or gravy drizzled on top.
- You can add vegetables to the crock pot for the final hour or so. Chopped potatoes and carrots will need 60 minutes, while green beans need about 30 minutes.
- Make Ahead: This cut it not suitable for making ahead of time, as it risks toughening up during reheating.
- Use leftovers to make roast beef sandwiches or beef vegetable soup.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 884mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 5mg