Baked Haddock Recipe
Baked Haddock is light and crispy with a sweet and mild flavor. It's a healthy dinner option.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 haddock fillets approx. 1 ½ lb
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs or crushed Ritz crackers (see note)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon halved or sliced
Place oven rack to the upper middle position. Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line a 13x9 baking dish or sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
Put the breadcumbs and paprika into a shallow bowl or plate.
Pat dry the haddock fillets with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Rub on all sides with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Dredge the haddock fillets one-by-one in the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat thoroughly on both sides. Then place in the prepared pan in a single layer.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until it’s opaque and flakes easily. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. If the breading appears pale towards the end, you can broil them or the last minute or two
Remove from the oven and garnish with lemon. Serve immediately.
- Haddock from frozen: You can bake haddock directly from frozen. Rinse under cold running water and then pat dry thoroughly with paper towels before proceeding.
- Substitutes: You can use cod, halibut or catfish instead of haddock in this recipe.
- New England baked haddock: Pulverize 15 Ritz crackers coarsely in a blender and use in place of breadcrumbs.
- Baked stuffed haddock: Cut a pocket into the side of each fillet and stuff with the breading mixture. Then bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Make ahead note: Cooked haddock will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. Reheat gently for 4-5 minutes over low-medium heat in a skillet. While it’s possible to freeze for up to one month the texture will deteriorate somewhat.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 753mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 343IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg