Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This Pitaya Bowl is an easy smoothie bowl that’s full of delicious flavors and low in calories.
Servings: 2 servings
- 7 oz frozen dragon fruit 2 packs, or 1 medium dragon fruit peeled*
- 1 large banana peeled, or 3.5 oz or 100 grams frozen bananas
- ¾ cup almond milk unsweetened
- fresh fruits such as kiwi, mango, banana, blueberries, strawberries
- shredded coconut
- seeds such as chia seeds, hemp seeds
Set aside two medium serving bowls. Prepare the toppings you like and reserve.
Add the pitaya and banana to the blender. Then pour in the liquid.
Close the lid and blend for 15-20 seconds until smooth. (You may need to pulse several times to break up all the chunks of frozen fruit.)
Pour the puree into the serving bowls.
Garnish the smoothie bowls with the prepared toppings. Serve immediately.
- Recipe yield: 2 1/4 cups of smoothie
- You'll find a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix helpful for this recipe.
- * Frozen dragon fruit chunks or smoothie packs (Pitaya Plus or other brands) are convenient and inexpensive option when you can't find fresh red dragon fruit.
- Make it vegan: You can substitute soy milk, coconut milk or coconut water for the almond milk.
- Make it keto: Instead of banana, use berries (raspberries or strawberries are good choices) to get 9-10 grams net carbs per serving.
Serving: 9oz | Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 2mg