Muddy buddies are an addictive treat full of chocolatey, peanut butter flavors! This muddy buddy recipe only requires 4 ingredients and a few minutes to make, plus it’s gluten-free!
Servings: 10 servings
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal or similar cereal (12 oz)
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chopped, or 1 cup chocolate chips (see note)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar sifted
Add the chocolate to a medium bowl.
Place bowl over simmering water to melt. Alternatively, microwave on low power in 30-second intervals until smooth, stirring regularly.
Stir in the peanut butter until incorporated.
In a medium to large bowl, add the Chex cereal.
Pour the chocolate mixture on top.
Using a soft spatula, gently mix to coat the cereal evenly. Try not to crush the cereal pieces.
Chill for 5-10 minutes to let the chocolate firm up slightly.
Add the coated Chex and powdered sugar to a large ziplock bag.
Gently shake and invert the bag until the sugar coats the chocolate evenly. It takes about one minute.
- Baking chocolate such as Baker’s or Ghirardelli is recommended for easy mixing.
- If microwaving, use low power to avoid scorching.
- Store muddy buddies in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid for up to one week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 6.7mg