Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Candy Sushi (with Video)
Candy Sushi is a colorful DIY treat made from fruit roll-ups, puffed rice cereal and melted marshmallows. This gluten-free snack takes just 20 minutes to make with 5 ingredients, and it's great as an everyday snack as well as for birthdays, parties and potlucks. Plus video tutorial!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows about 30 mini marshmallows
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal I used Rice Krispies
- 4 ounces fruit roll-ups square 4-5 inch size
- 6 in licorice halved crosswise (see note)
Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add the butter and marshmallows and stir slowly with a wooden spoon until melted. Remove from heat. (see note)
Stir the rice cereal into the marshmallow mixture until incorporated evenly.
Place the fruit roll-ups on a work surface and unroll.
Spread cereal mixture equally over entire surface of each roll-up, packing it down until flat.
Place 3 licorice or fruit twists in the center of each roll-up.
Using your fingertips, roll tightly into a log shape, sealing where the edges meet.
Squeeze the rolls gently to secure.
Using a sharp knife, trim off the ends and slice into 1/2-inch wide pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Other candy choices for the middle include: fruit twists and gummy bears
- If you prefer, you can microwave the butter and marshmallows in 30-second intervals at 50% power to melt, stirring each time in between.
- Candy sushi gets sticky when stored overnight, so best to consume the same day it's made.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.6mg