Apple salad is a delicious side dish or snack that’s ready in just 10 minutes! All you need to make this apple salad recipe is crisp apples, celery, walnuts, raisins, mayonnaise (or yogurt) and a splash of lemon juice.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 medium apples cored and chopped (see note)
- 1 cup walnut pieces or pecans
- ¾ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed (optional - see note)
In a large bowl, combine the chopped apples with the chopped celery, raisins and walnuts.
Add mayonnaise/yogurt and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- The best apples are Fuji, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady and Empire.
- Squeezing fresh lemon juice on the chopped apples will prevent browning during preparation. Organic apples brown particularly quickly.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4.1% | Vitamin C: 11.4% | Calcium: 5.5% | Iron: 9.8%