Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Garlic Bok Choy Stir Fry
Stir-fried garlic bok choy is the perfect healthy and delicious side dish for just about any meal! It is an easy recipe ready in 10 minutes with only 4 ingredients.
- 1 pound bok choy rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt to taste
Rinse the bok choy with cold water to remove any dirt. If you use regular bok choy instead of baby bok choy, you can separate out the leaves, but keep the middle part (baby bok choy). Pat dry and set aside.
Finely mince garlic.
Place a wok or pan on the stove. Add oil and minced garlic. Turn the heat to medium.
Stir-fry the garlic until aromatic and oil start to sizzle.
Add the bok choy and increase the heat to high. Quickly stir-fry for about 5 to 8 minutes until the green leaves start to wilt and white bottoms begin to soften.
Season with salt and serve immediately.
- Use baby bok choy if you can find some. They are more tender and taste better than larger bok choy.
- If your bok choy has thick stems on it, you need to trim them off.
- To avoid minced garlic from burning, add them to the wok while oil is still cold.
- Avoid overcooking bok choy. Just remember that bok choy will continue to wilt and soften after being removed from the wok.
- You can add some protein such as chicken, beef or shrimp to turn this recipe into a main dish.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5065IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1mg