Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe
This Air Fryer Eggplant is a healthy and flavorful side dish that’s ready in under 20 minutes! Keep reading to learn how to roast eggplant in an air fryer quickly and easily.
- 2 pounds eggplant 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil see note
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Garnishes – Optional
- fresh parsley finely minced
- parmesan cheese grated
Cut the stem off the eggplant and peel the skin if desired (see note). Then cut into 2-inch chunks (while they may seem large, they will shrink by about half during cooking).
To a medium bowl, add the garlic, oil, salt and pepper along with the eggplant pieces. Toss with a large spoon or your hands to coat evenly.
Put the eggplant into the air fryer basket and cook at 370-375°F for 15 minutes. Halfway through, remove the basket and shake a few times to promote even browning before continuing cooking.
Remove the eggplant from the air fryer and garnish with optional parsley and parmesan before serving.
- Eggplant: If the eggplant is showing signs of aging, it’s best to remove the skin using a vegetable peeler.
- Oil: Spritzing with an olive oil spray is ideal for evenly coating the eggplant
- Storage: Store cooked air fryer roasted eggplant in an airtight container and they can last up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg