Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
These Air Fryer Lamb Chops are juicy and flavorful with a crispy crust. This easy recipe is the fastest way to cook lamb chops, cutlets or a rack of lamb.
Servings: 4 pieces
- 1 pound lamb chops about 4-5 chops (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil see note
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoons dried, chopped (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper together. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for as little as 10 minutes up to 2 hours (see note).
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Once hot, remove the basket and use tongs to put in the chops, ideally in a single layer. (If you’re using a smaller air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.)
Put the basket back into the air fryer. Set the timer for 5-7 minutes depending on thickness and temperature of the chops, and then let the chops cook.
Take out the basket and flip the lamb chops using the tongs. Set the timer for 5-7 minutes more for medium-rare.
Check doneness by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the middle of a large chop: 125°F is rare, 135°F is medium-rare, 145°F is medium and 150-160°F is medium-well to well-done. You can put the lamb back in for a few more minutes to reach your desired doneness.
Let the lamb rest for 3 minutes to let the juices redistribute before serving.
- Lamb chops: Try to get loin chops or rib chops about 1-2 inches thick. You can also substitute sirloin chops, blade chops, lamb cutlets or a rack of lamb.
- Olive oil: Use refined olive oil or another high-temperature oil like canola, as extra virgin olive oil will smoke.
- Rosemary: If you don’t have rosemary, use thyme, oregano or sage instead.
- Marinating: Let the chops marinate at room temperature, as the meat will cook more evenly when they’re not straight out of the refrigerator.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 3mg