Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles is classic Midwestern comfort food that sticks to your ribs. Rich and flavorful, this family favorite recipe is affordable and easy to prepare in the slow cooker!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2-3 pound chuck roast or similar cut (see note)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups beef broth low-sodium recommended, or water
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound egg noodles dried, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream or 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (optional)
Optional: Brown the roast. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon canola oil and the beef. Fry for 1-2 minutes per side until slightly browned.
Place the beef in the crock pot along with the broth, onion, garlic, Worchestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Seal the lid and set to cook for 6-7 hours on Low or 4 hours on High, or until the meat is tender.
Use two forks to shred the beef into bit-size pieces in the crock pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add the noodles.
Cover and set the crock pot to cook on High for 10-20 minutes until al dente (Note: the time will vary based on the noodles you're using).
To thicken the sauce, stir in the cream or cornstarch slurry. Let it bubble for a few minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. The gravy will thicken more as it cools. Serve warm.
- Beef: Chuck roast is an ideal cut, but you can also use top round, eye of round, sirloin tip rump roast or even stewing beef (beef tips).
- Make Ahead: You can easily make this dish ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Instant Pot version: Follow the recipe above, using the Instapot in Sauté mode to brown the beef and a Manual High pressure cycle for 60 minutes with a natural release. Cook the noodles separately and add at the end.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 6mg