Slow Cooker London Broil
This London Broil is cooked in the crock pot for a delicious pot-roast style meal! It only takes 10 minutes of prep before the slow cooker works its magic. Add potatoes or vegetables to this recipe to make a delicious one-pot meal!
- 3 pounds London broil see note
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup beef broth low-sodium recommended, or red wine or water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt or less if using regular broth
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound baby potatoes red or white (10-12 potatoes)
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- ½ pound green beans
Optional Searing: Place a cast iron skillet over high heat and let it heat up for 5 minutes until very hot. Add the oil and the beef. Let is sear undisturbed for 2 minutes to brown. Then flip and repeat for the other sides.
Place the London broil in the crock pot along with the broth, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and butter. Then cover and seal the lid.
Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or alternatively on High for 3-4 hours. Add optional potatoes and carrots for the final hour, and green beans for the last 30 minutes.
Remove the roast to a carving board and slice against the grain. Serve with juices from the crock pot.
- Serving: You may need to pass the juices through a sieve or strainer before serving.