Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Oven Baked Salmon
Enjoy this delicious baked salmon that's moist and flaky on the inside with a crispy exterior!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds salmon 6-8 oz filets with skin on, about 1-inch thick*
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground, or to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
Remove the salmon from the fridge 20-30 minutes before cooking to let it approach room temperature for even cooking.
Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Pat dry the salmon with paper towels. Then place it skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet. If there are any thin sections, tuck them underneath to prevent overcooking.
Brush the salmon with oil on all sides, including the skin. Then sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. It’s done when the internal temperature reaches 135-140°F in the thickest section and the surface is firm but springy.**
Remove from the oven and place the salmon on a plate. Remove the skin if desired and sprinkle fresh lemon juice on top to serve.
- Seasonings: You may wish to add other dry seasonings can include paprika, onion powder and thyme.
- * For thicker salmon, add 4-6 minutes more to the baking time per additional 1/2-inch of thickness.
- ** To measure the internal temperature, insert an instant-read thermometer into the middle thickest section. Alternatively, you can use a wireless dual-probe thermometer to measure in the oven while the salmon is baking.
- Storage: Cooked salmon can be stored for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge or frozen for up to 3 months.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg