Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sirloin Tip Steak with Balsamic Marinade
Sirloin Tip Steak is juicy and flavorful with a crunchy crust on the outside. A simple balsamic and honey marinade turns this lean cut into a tender and melt-in-your mouth delicious meal.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin tip steak
Make the Marinade
In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, and ground pepper.
Add the steak to the mixture and use a spoon to coat the meat evenly on all sides.
Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 4 hours and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Let the steak sit in the marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Remove the steak from the marinade and wipe off excess liquid with paper towels. This is to help better searing.
Grill the Steak
Preheat grill to 450°F (232°C). Grease the cooking grates with oil to prevent sticking.
Place the steak on the grill, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes with the lid closed. (Make sure the grates are hot enough before putting the steak on.)
Open the lid and flip the steak. Cover and grill the other side for 2-3 minutes.
Check doneness: Insert an instant meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak. Remove the steak from the grill at 120°F (51°C) for rare, 125°F (52°C) for medium-rare, and 135°F (57°C) for medium. (The temperature will rise a few degrees while resting)
Rest the Meat: Remove your steak to a cutting board and let it rest covered with aluminum foil for 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute through the meat.
Cut against the grain: Slice thinly against the grain and serve with your favorite sauce.
- You can bring the excess marinade to a boil, simmer for a few minutes. It makes delicious dipping source for your steak.
- Pan-Searing Method:
- Place a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the pan is almost smoking, add the steak and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes to the desired doneness.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 808mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 5mg