Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Frito pie made with Fritos™ corn chips, ground beef, chili beans, tomato sauce and topped with cheddar cheese!
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 oz Fritos™ corn chips about 5 cups
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped, 1 cup
- 20 oz tomato sauce or enchilada sauce, 2 1/2 cups
- 20 oz chili beans 2 1/2 cups (see note)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
Serving - Optional
- sour cream
- green onions
- shredded lettuce
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Set aside a rectangular 9×13 in (33x23 cm) baking dish.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and onions and sauté for 5-7 minutes until slightly browned.
Add the tomato sauce or enchilada sauce and chili beans. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add 2 cups of Fritos™ to the prepared dish. Then pour the chili mixture on top to make a layer.
Add the remaining Fritos™ and top with the cheddar cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Remove from oven and add optional green onions and garnishes.
- Chili beans are pre-seasoned beans. You can also use regular cooked kidney or pinto beans with 1 1/2 tbsp of taco seasoning added.
- Spicy variation: try using Spicy Jalapeno Fritos or add sliced fresh jalapeños on top (before the cheese).
Serving: 150g | Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1292mg | Potassium: 845mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 4.1mg