Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
Delicious and crispy Brussels sprouts and bacon can be made roasted in the oven or pan-fried on the stove!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 4 strips bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze or maple syrup optional
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Preheat oven to 425°F and set aside.
Trim the ends and then cut the Brussels sprouts in halves lengthwise.
Place them in a large bowl, season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
Add Brussels sprouts and bacon pieces into the baking sheet with a single layer(Cook in two batches if needed).
Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway until caramelized
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Start with cooking bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to a plate.
Drain the bacon fat and add olive oil to the pan (you can use the same pan with bacon fat), add Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper.
Sauté for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Toss bacon back into the skillet.
Drizzle with optional balsamic glaze or maple syrup. Serve immediately!
- I used the average-sized Brussels sprouts. If yours are larger or smaller, adjust the cooking time slightly.
- This recipe is for fresh Brussels sprouts. If you use frozen Brussels sprouts, it’s best to thaw them first.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 769mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1280IU | Vitamin C: 144.6mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.5mg