Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Apple salad is a delicious side dish or snack that’s ready in just 10 minutes! All you need to make this apple salad recipe is crisp apples, celery, walnuts, raisins, mayonnaise (or yogurt) and a splash of lemon juice.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 large apples cored and chopped*
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces or pecans
- ¾ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise regular or low-fat, or Greek yogurt**
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice or cider vinegar
Core and chop the apples into 1/2-inch chunks. Sprinkle fresh lemon juice and toss to prevent discoloration.
In a medium bowl, combine the chopped apples with the celery, raisins and walnuts.
Add the mayonnaise or yogurt to the bowl. Then toss all the ingredients together until thoroughly coated.
Spoon onto serving plates, or onto lettuce leaves for an attractive presentation.
- * Look for a crunchy, sturdy apple variety such as Fuji, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady and Empire.
- ** For yogurt, use a thick type such as Greek yogurt, which will evenly coat the ingredients.
- Make-ahead: You can make it up to 2 days ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge. The dressing will prevent the apples from browning. Note: apple salad does not freeze well.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg