Add to Collection
Go to Collections
How to Steam Broccoli
Steamed Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish that is healthy and delicious. Learn how to steam broccoli so that it is bursting with flavor with bright green color.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head broccoli 3/4 lb or 350 grams
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground
Add about an inch of water to a saucepan, bring to boil over high heat.
Meanwhile, clean your broccoli and cut the stem away from the crown. Slice the florets into 2-inch pieces.
Peel the team and cut crosswise into ½-inch thick slices.
When the water is boiling, place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket inside the pot.
Cover the steamer, reduce heat to medium and steam for 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat as soon as you can pierce your broccoli stalk with a fork.
- Make sure not to overcook your broccoli. Start checking after 5 minutes as small florets should be fully cooked.
- Make sure that you add broccoli after the water is boiling.
- If you don’t have a steamer, you can still make this recipe using microwave method or boiling the broccoli
- To store steamed broccoli, place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It'll last for 3-4 days.
Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 75.9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.6mg