Steak Salad is a hearty lunch or dinner to make your mouth water! This flavorful steak salad recipe combines juicy, pan-seared steak with fresh vegetables and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It’s a perfect keto meal on its own, or can be served on pasta or wrapped in tortillas.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 ½ pound steak sirloin, T-bone, strip loin about 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces arugula or other greens
- 1/2 large onions peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Season the steak generously with salt and pepper.
Place a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 1 minute.
Add oil and the steak.
Fry for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Fry on the other side for 3 more minutes until nicely browned with an internal temperature of 130°F (54°C).
Remove steak to a cooling rack and let rest for 5 minutes. Then slice thinly.
To a large plate, add other ingredients and then arrange the steak slices atop the salad.
Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine all ingredients.
Taste and see if it needs more dressing or any adjustments. Serve immediately.
- Let the steak rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking
- Make sure to let the steak rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- You can add honey to your balsamic vinaigrette dressing if you prefer a sweeter flavor.
Calories: 693kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 1152mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2260IU | Vitamin C: 29.8mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 5.5mg