Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Bread Pudding (with Video)
Bread Pudding is irresistible comfort food that always becomes an instant family favorite with its creamy and moist flavors and crispy golden top. Serve it warm out of the pan for a fabulous dessert or a delicious breakfast or brunch!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 loaf challah bread cubed - about 8 cups
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 5 large Happy Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 ½ cups blueberries optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish and set aside.
Cube bread and fill prepared baking dish spreading evenly.
Sprinkle blueberries evenly on top of bread.
Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and add milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt. Heat until butter is melted and remove from heat to cool slightly.
Lightly beat the eggs and whisk into cooled milk mixture.
Pour milk-egg mixture evenly over the cubed bread and blueberries.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until custard has set in the middle and surface is golden brown.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Dust with powdered sugar, serve and enjoy
- Test doneness of the bread pudding by inserting a toothpick or cake tester in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- If the surface of the bread pudding starts to darken in the oven, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 306mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 523mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 344mg | Iron: 1.6mg