Oven Baked Pork Chops
Make tender and juicy pork chops in the oven using a simple seasoning to bring out the natural flavors of boneless pork chops or bone in pork chops.
- 4 pork chops boneless or bone-in, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C) and set the rack to the upper third of the oven. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Place pork chops on the baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towels and then rub all over with olive oil.
In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Rub the seasoning mixture evenly over the sides of each pork chop.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle reads 145°F (63°C). (Note: Bone-in chops normally require an extra 5 minutes.)
Remove from the oven and allow the baked pork chops to rest for 3 minutes on a plate before serving.
- Thick-cut pork chops are less likely to dry out than thinner chops. Pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick are ideal.
- Salt brings out the natural flavor of pork chops, but if you prefer less salt, you can put half in the seasoning and remainder to taste during serving.
- If the center of the pork chop is slightly pink after baking, it’s ok as long as the internal temperature has reached 145°F (63°C).
- Don't pierce or cut into the pork chops during cooking or resting, as juices will escape causing the meat to dry out.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.6mg