Pineapple Chicken Recipe
This Pineapple Chicken is a quick stir-fry of chicken, pineapple and bell peppers in a mouthwatering sauce.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tsp soy sauce low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce see note
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch or flour, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1" cubes (see note)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into 1" pieces
- 2 bell peppers any color, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked white rice optional for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and add oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan when oil is hot.
Sauté chicken for 2 minutes per side until lightly browned.
Add onion, bell peppers and pineapple chunks to the pan and sauté several minutes more until crisp-tender.
Add the reserved sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the pieces are coated.
Remove from heat and serve with optional rice.
- You can also use chicken breasts for a leaner option. Ask your meat counter to cube the chicken for you to save time. Pat dry with paper towels if needed to remove excess moisture.
- If you don't have hoisin sauce, ketchup works as a substitute in this recipe.
- Add 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes to make this dish spicier.
Serving: 120g | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1340IU | Vitamin C: 66.3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.7mg